I am pregnant, when is it a good time to announce my pregnancy?

Donlygirl

Asked by Donlygirl at 12:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• That's up to you. We always told everyone right away for the support because we've been through 1 stillbirth and 2 miscarriages.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• First and foremost congrats on the pregnancy. For me I was superstitious so no one knew I was pregnant until after i heard my babys heart beat. But if you are happy about this pregnancy and really want people to know I say shout it to the roof tops.

lovinmomof04

Answer by lovinmomof04 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Congrats thats great!!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It's a personal decision. I've suffered two miscarriages so I told myself it's best to wait till after the sonogram and we see the heartbeat. But sometimes we were too excited and it came out before then.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:44 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• First of all, Congrats! Second, it's up to you personally. Good luck new Momma!
    MountainMomma3

Answer by MountainMomma3 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I say wait for two things, 1. a heartbeat and 2. after twelve weeks becaus although your baby has a heartbeat dosent mean something cant happen.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Personally I believe that th 12 week mark is the time to make the big announcement.

We told everyone right away with our first pregnancy and lost the baby at 8 weeks right before Xmas. It was a very hard time, needless to say, it was harder to visit family and such, because you know you can't just skip Xmas.

Congrats.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 1:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Congrats! It's a personal decision... we generally announced after the 12 week mark once I heard a h/b. I had a m/c at 11 weeks with my first pregnancy, and dh had told some friends I was pg and every time he had to 'untell' people it was emotionally so hard for me... I'm one of those people who does not like to talk about it when I'm really upset so waiting until the point where most losses happen had passed was just easier for me.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:50 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Congrats i usually wait til i make it thru 1st trimester to tell people outside of the immediate family because i had an undetectable that miscarried at 8 weeks doctors wouldnt believe me til i was in the ER having the misc. i guess im prone to undetectables though as this time i didnt know i was preggo til close to the end of my 2nd trimester so we are scrambling to get everything before the birth in december anyway good luck best wishes on a healthy baby!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 1:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• wow for some i told right away ,, this one i am 22 weeks and still not told hardly anyone
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2010