If you are having trouble seeing or hearing and felt that you weren't able to drive safely, would you give up your license?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Health

• Yes. Try to think about how you would feel if someone hurt your child from a car accident, because of their sight or hearing problem that they knew about- but chose to ignore it.
    Flower_Mom

Answer by Flower_Mom at 2:22 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes. But I live in a city where its feasible that I could survive without driving if I had to.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes but i would also get all of that taken care of so i could still drive when I need to....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would go to a doctor to see what's going on. If it is hard to drive, I would at least limit my driving.
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 2:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yes.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 4:50 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes, I have seen too many accidents with older relatives and I hope I will give up my license whan these things start to happen to me.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yup, but then again, I don't really like driving that much these days. Any time we go out as a family, I make my husband drive. Or if I'm out with friends, and I can convince a friend to take their car and drive, I will happily let them. I think it's because I grew up in a small town, with any easy to navigate grid system to the streets. I didn't mind driving then. Now I have to drive through a large city if I want to go anywhere significant. The traffic sucks, the streets suck, the drivers SUCK, and it's hard to navigate.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2010