My marriage has been put on hold since my baby arrived. How do you rekindle the flame?

My daughter just turned 2 and I've lost all interest in anything (romantically) to do with my husband. We're just tired and so caught up in our child's needs, and ours have fallen to the wayside. A part of our issue is that we live far away from our friend and family base, since we were relocated for husband's work. We don't know or trust anyone alone with our kid, so it's all kid shows and talking about the day to day mundanities.
Anyone else experienced something similar to this, and how/did you get past it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Alone time. Pure and simple. I know trust of your child is an issue, but you need to have a relationship with your man. Look into care.com and do some interviews. Find a suitable sitter and get out with you man. Eventually you will think he's hot again and want to jump his bones.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 1:46 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I'm not experienced in this, but would you want to take your child to a drop-off daycare for an evening? Then have some time to yourselves.
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 2:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• me and dh had this problem, alot due to no babysitter and we just found out i was prego and i was getting sick alot. well im 36weeks now and for the last 2 months we have gone out together atleast once alast month, even just for lunch together, mostly when dh is home we will put dd to bed early and watch a movie, cook breakfast together, somthng since in 3weeks we wont have any alone time:) hope this helps, the thing that helped me most about not finding him attractive ended up being i was stressed and bored, when i told himi was bored(not with him with life) he watches dd everynow and then so i can atleast go have lunch or breakfast with a friend, sometimes he even picks up the house while im gone. since this is so rare it really makes me happy and i like him more, also then we both have somthing new to say, he can tell me about him and dd's day and i can tell him of mine:)good luck
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 2:45 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My hubby and I have the same problem cause he works at night. Spend time together alone, even if its just staying up for a few minutes after you put the kid to bed. And look into a daycare center or care.com and find someone you are comfortable with and go out once in a while like a pp suggested, she will be fine trust me and its good for them to be without mom and dad for a bit.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:06 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Check out the babysitters in your neighborhood, maybe through the churches there and find a good babysitter so that you and hubby can have a night out maybe once a week or something so you can reconnect. You need to spend time together with just the two of you to find each other again.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 11:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You know, I think this is just normal family life. Same thing in my relationship except we have 5 kids. when we do have time together it's rare but precious. Being bored with life means you need something fun to do with yourself, maybe that includes dh and maybe it doesn't.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010