Stretch Marks

Do you have stretch marks from pregnancy? If so, what are you doing to try and avoid them or make them not so bad? If you don't have stretch mark, let me in on your secret!!

rachealbyrd

Asked by rachealbyrd at 1:48 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• NO STRETCH MARKS HERE!!!! I used a burts bees tummy butter and after my morning shower i put it on and after my night time relaxing bath I put it on again. The only streach marks I have is on my boobs but I had those before I ever got pregnant....I think they sell the burts bees stuff at wal mart. Good luck!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:51 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• 1 stretch mark that I got 5 days before I gave birth.

Coconut water. Drank it constantly. Skin stretches form the under layers. Lotion doesn't get into the under layers. Diet is everything.

They say stretch marks ar genetic. Well, my mom looks like a wolverine attacked her. It's diet.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No stretch marks at all. The key? don't become a fat ass.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I only got one stretch mark and it went away soon after birth but I didn't put cream or anything on it. I think it was just because I didn't gain a ton of weight especially all at once. But I think a lot of it is genetic. But pregnancy brings fat and stretch marks and lots of fun things that are just marks of being a mom so don't worry about it too much!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 3:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Genetics play a role in whether or not you are predisposed to getting stretch marks. If your mother got stretch marks during pregnancy, you are more likely to get them yourself.

The faster you gain weight during pregnancy, the more likely it is you will get stretch marks. Drink eight or more glasses of water and/or other fluids daily to hydrate your skin and maintain elasticity. Moisturize your breasts, belly, sides, lower back, thighs and anywhere else you think you might get stretch marks at least morning and night if you wish. Creams and lotions have not been medically proven to prevent stretch marks as they cannot penetrate to the deep skin layer where stretch marks occur, but they can help your skin to feel less dry and itchy. Eat a very healthy diet to nourish your skin (and your baby) from the inside out. Take your prenatal vitamins and eat the right amount of calories from healthy foods.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 8:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• With my 1st I was so determined not to get any, so I used Bio Oil every single day. After showers, bath, and put it on just before I went to bed.
    With my 2nd.. I just didnt care too much about it. So now I have small ones on my thy's, but thats about it. I think they didnt get too bad because my body was already streached out before?
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I guess I should have made it clear in my question -- I am almost 29 weeks and have only put on 9lbs AND I have gestational diabetes so I am eating super healthy... no 'fat ass' here (in reference to stressedmomma13). With all of that proper eating and lack of increase in weight, I still am getting stretch marks and I put on cocoa butter religiously everyday. I guess mine is genetics..
    rachealbyrd

Comment by rachealbyrd (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I am 40 + weeks right now and I have gained a total of 20 pounds. At 20 weeks I had gained 8 and I looked like i was attacked. I didn't have any until 20 weeks and then they were everywhere. Just a part of it I guess ! ;)
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 6:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Palmer's Cocoa Butter cream/lotion.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Using a body brush can deff. help, it stimulates circulation and helps remove toxins from the skin
    nic0ley0

Answer by nic0ley0 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010