How did you tell your DH/SO you were pregnant??

We had been trying so it was no shock.

rachealbyrd

Asked by rachealbyrd at 1:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I handed him the stick and waited for it to click. Very entertaining.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 1:54 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• well with my sons dad(sperm donor), he was at work and i took a picture of the test and texted it to him, now he didn't get it, i ended up having to tell his dumb ass when he got home. When me and my fiance get preggo i plan on doing something either romantic or something like, leaving little clues laying around for him to follow.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• He watched me do the test. He is horrible about bathroom privacy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:15 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• The first time I was in a gas station rest room and he was waiting outside the door, lovely memory. I was 17. The second time I kicked him out and while he was packing I got this idea to take a pregnancy test. My friend had bought a two pack and left one at my house. I took it while he was packing and came down the stairs and threw it at his head...he still left for a few months. My life was drama filled before I married the guy.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:50 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I had only been with my boyfriend for a couple months, my sister called me and told me she was pregnant which reminded me that I should take a test..which came out positive. I tried to walk all the way to him, but I stopped half way there and told him he better come look at this because I couldn't spit the words out. Then he paced around the room trying to take off his shirt (don't ask me why we still haven't come up with an answer to that), we cried, we laughed, and then we went and got another test.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 3:04 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We thought I might be, so I went to the bathroom and took a test, then I practically screamed at him to get in there. I almost threw the thing at him and rapidly yelled, "Does that look like two lines to you?!" He said it did, so I took the second one from the box, same story. The lines were really faint, the tests were old-ish, and we both have bad vision, so when we got to the college that morning, I told one of my friends about it. After classes, she and I took her car, and my husband and another friend took our car, and we all went to Walmart because she insisted on buying me a 3 pack of the most expensive tests there lol. Then, we went to the bathroom and she had me take all three of them lol. We came out together and told him that I was definitely pregnant.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:03 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I bought an hpt on my lunch break, then hid it in my bag so the ladies at work wouldn't know. (they would have made me take it then and there, lol) Then I took it immediately when I got home. Dh wasn't home yet, so I left it on the bathroom counter. When he got home, I told him to go look in the bathroom. He thought that my Labrador puppy had done something naughty in there, and didn't want to go look, so I grabbed him by the hand, took him in the bathroom, and pointed at the counter. He said "I don't understand, what does this mean?" Silly boy....
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:46 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• With the first one we were 17 and scared and went to the doctor together and found out it was positive. With the second one i took the test rigth away in the morning while he was at work and left the stick on the counter in the master bathroom. I waited all night until we went to bed (he goes pee right before bed) He went into the bathroom and said "o another negative one huh?" (we had been trying for 6 mths) and threw it in the garbage. I was sitting on the bed and said "WHAT?!?! LOOK AGAIN! So he did and said o your pregnant! lol gooffy guy! We are ttc again and as soon as i get the positive stick i am ordering "im going to be a big brother AGAIN" and "im going to be a big brother" shirts right away and not tell my husband until i get the shirts in. Then put the shirts on the boys and see if my husband gets it!! i cant wait!!! hehe
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I sent him an email when I found out (he was deployed). I didn't tell him what we were having until I picked him up from the airport.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010