Daughter is having trouble switching to the twin bed..advice please :)

My 2 year old is having a hard time adjusting to her new twin bed. She's been in there for just over two weeks, and on a good day/night she will fall asleep within 1-2 hours. Most of the time it takes 2-3 and sometimes it's 4-6 hours. I bring her snacks (on the harder days) and read to her, leave her for a short time, play calming music..but none of these have worked. For her first 2 years she spent alot of time sleeping in a travel playard; because it allowed her to push her head and feet against the soft siding and be calm. I thought the long double sided safety rails would mimic this feeling for her, but so far it's just been a shaking mechanism. Does anyone have any suggestions for something I can do differently...or just know :). Thanks in advance.

ndvolz

Asked by ndvolz at 2:00 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hm... maybe in this situation (if you can afford it right now) is maybe have her pick her bedding (like the sheets and blankets) or maybe get her a toy to snuggle with while she's in it. I'm not sure, but I hope this helps!
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 2:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Well it sounds like she wants the pressure on her feet and head...Try laying her all the way at the top and tuck her in super tight and flip the bottom of the blanket under her feet that way she can feel the pressure there. Good luck and I hope you find something that works. Hope your nights get better!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:06 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Put a blanket rolled up against it so it feels soft, just a thought. Hope that helps !
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Interesting idea about picking out bedding. I might try that, because she needs one more set anyway. There's lots of toys that make it on and are thrown off the bed throughout the settling stage.
    She has never let me cover her feet with a blanket (ever) and I've also tried the pushing her head up against a pillow, against the headboard...next time I will make shift a safe something for her to press her feet against. Thanks for all the tips so far. Please keep them coming :)
    ndvolz

Comment by ndvolz (original poster) at 2:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2010