• In the Spotlight:

Kid friendly MP3 player?

My dd is 4 and loves to sing and dance to music. Have any of you seen an MP3 (or something similar) player that is suitable for smaller kids? A type that is Kid-friendly, sturdy, not too many buttons... Thanks if you have ideas!

mom2maddie06

Asked by mom2maddie06 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• They have the one by fisher price that is "kid tough". I bought my 5 yo (who is now 6) a cheap RCA one that plays videos for $40. It is very small but took her a few weeks to figure out how to use it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I looked at our Wal-Mart, in the "kid tough" stuff, but didn't see an MP3 player, just a camera and camcorder thing... I was thinking just a "cheapy" one with bigger buttons or something. I didn't know if there was something out there I hadn't heard about/seen. Thanks, glad I'm not way out there on this! lol
    mom2maddie06

Comment by mom2maddie06 (original poster) at 2:58 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You may have to look on ebay or amazon because I don't think they still make the kid tough MP3 players, I guess they weren't that popular. I do know they used to have them though.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:03 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• SweetPea3 2 GB MP3 Player for Kids (Violet). This might be better...
    http://www.amazon.com/SweetPea3-MP3-Player-Kids-Violet/dp/B001ASAZNI/ref=pd_sbs_t_3
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:06 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I found a cute one on Amazon! Thanks for the ideas!
    mom2maddie06

Comment by mom2maddie06 (original poster) at 3:15 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• The SweetPea3 looks nice, it even says rugged! lol From what I can tell you can listen with or without headphones, which is nice!! And it has long battery life, too. Thanks!
    mom2maddie06

Comment by mom2maddie06 (original poster) at 3:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• my 4 year old has a regular ipod
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2010