At what age did you move your child from a crib to a bed?

My daughter does just fine in her crib but she will be 2 soon and I'm wondering if I should start thinking about putting her a in a big girl bed?

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 3:06 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 15 months, because she tried to climb out and almost succeeded. Though she's ranged from 75th to 95th % in height her entire life.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My first daughter was 15 months and my second daughter was 18 months. They both moved into a twin sized bed. They had captains beds. They adjusted without a problem.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• on her 1st bday
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My son was 6 months, he could climb out of the crib, and it actually ended up being recalled so i got him a toddler bed and he does fine in it, hes also done fine on a full size bed.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My first was so happy in his crib. We didn't get a big boy bed until we were expecting our second, so he was 2.5 when he got his bed. Our youngest went into a bed much sooner because he was climbing out of the crib around 17 months.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Between 2 & 2 1/2, but our crib mattress was much lower than average, so we could keep him in it longer and still be safe.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• 1 year
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 11:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My son was about 2 yrs old. I converted his crib and he adjusted with no trouble. It was REAL low to the floor so if he fell ( and he did 2 times or so ) he was OK.

*** I placed a few thick blankets on the ground by his bed after that for a few weeks....yep. Paranoid!!!! But I didnt want him to hurt himself with a face plant on the floor either! LOL ***

He had a few stuffed animals, a few cars, trucks and he was good to go....along with his fave blanket! LOL
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Our son slept in his crib happily until 2.5 years. He never protested, never tried to climb out, so we left him there. At 2.5, he decided he didn't want to sleep in the crib any more, so he started sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor. And I'm glad we did it that way and let him decide, because I think that had a lot to do with how well he took to it; we never once had to tell him to get back in bed.

Our daughter is 18 months and still sleeping in the pack-n-play next to our bed. She still nurses at night, so that's easiest. She's started to protest, though, so we'll be trying a big bed for her when we move into a bigger apartment at the beginning of next year, and I think it will make her happy. Just goes to show how different kids can be.

If your daughter doesn't mind being in her crib, that's the safest place for her. There's no age limit on cribs, so you can leave her there as long as you both like. It's fine. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i switched my son at 2 years old the first night he was up until 1 but after that went right to bed no problems we got him a toddler bed
    mad_ct_mom

Answer by mad_ct_mom at 9:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010