How did/does your pre schooler act after school?

My 3yr old started preschool last week. Most of the kids are autistic or have some kind of disorder or delay. My son is diagnosed with aspergers but you wouldn't know If I didn't tell you. (if you meet him I mean) Anyways they put the more advanced kids together so for him its pretty much like a regular pre-school. The teacher has told me all week that for the last 30 min of the day all he talks about is wanting to see me and wanting to go home. When I meet him and his teacher outside of the school to pick him up he doesn't want me. And will say he doesn't love me or he doesn't to go home. But by the time I get him in his seat and we're heading down the road he tells me he loves me and a little bit about his day. I know that its probably because this is all so new. Up till now he'd stayed at home with me and his brother, so he really has no experience with anything like it. Have any of you experienced anything like this?

joscelyne

Asked by joscelyne at 3:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DD doesn"t have any special needs, but she had some trouble adjusting to daycare when she first started. After about a month, she was an old pro. Now she is staying at home with me again and I think she is getting to clingy, so we are gonna do some part time daycare to socialize her. She can't go to preschool this year because her b-day is Sept 25 and she won't qualify age wise for Kindergarden next year. They have to be 5 by Sept 1 to go to Kindergarden. I think if you give your son time and keep up the same routine, he will adjust beautifully.
    tonbookluvr

Answer by tonbookluvr at 8:12 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• with me every night she does not want to go back to school she gets picked on etc.. but when i take her shes has no seperation problems..when i pick her up she does the same thing cries etc. i tell her it will be better tomorrow you can go back...but i even get confused, with her moods. i don't know waht to do either i think it is just a phase but she has been in summer camop/preschool all year since may. Honestly i wish i could afford to home school her to. and plus does yours seem to be sick every week from school such as cough sneeze etc??? i can't stand it lol.

good luck lol. if you come up with answeres let me know lol
    mumjames

Answer by mumjames at 1:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• @mumjames He just started his preschool last monday and we were sick all weekend. I had to keep him home today. I didn't realize it would start that early lol.
    joscelyne

Comment by joscelyne (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010