I have an opinion about that!

Here's some space to give us your opinion. About whatever is weighing on your heart and mind... plz keep it clean. Thank you

My opinion: I think we need to turn of the TV twice a week and have a block barbecue! We are loosing the art of conversation & social skills.

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:46 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think people need to be better parents. These are our kids, not our friends. You are the adult and the boss, they are not. I worked in a childcare center and children are out of control.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You'r question is so wonderful! We ARE all losing the art of conversation and really getting to know people. With emails, text messages, etc. we're living in a world of disconnect. Even things like birthday cards are being sent by emails. No personal touch left which is where connections and friendships are built. I wish that there were more people like you that were thinking about rebuilding relationships. The closeness of a block part and the fun has special memories for me. Even making Friday night a no TV night and calling it Family night is fun. Playing board games, ordering pizzia and getting to know your own children is a lot for some!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Thank you AlisonAstair! My hope is that this will stir others to start doing something to make a difference. Surely we are not content with the way things are today? Let us step out of our comfort zone. We have so much to give; ideas to share; ways that are better than whats being done. Its one of the many reasons I love being a part of Cafemom! I say, " Lets make a start today. Plant a seed in the mind and water it often so it will grow. Then we can bloom where ever we are planted! Happy Gardening today! LOL
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I choose to have NO cable!!! My grandchildren and I ONLY watch DVD movies, that way I can monitor what is best for my family to enjoy together.

JulySmile

Answer by JulySmile at 1:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I think we need to be less wasteful and more patient. Convenience has killed education and technology makes us impatient.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010