Do you think less of the moms that make spelling/grammer errors on here??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:36 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We're adults and parents. We're supposed to care about the education of our children and live as examples. How can we BE examples to our children of how to speak and communicate properly when some of us can't take the time/interest to post a comment that is legible? So, in a sense, do I think less of some posters sometimes? If they post with words like "becuz" and random capitalizations mid-sentence and make something unintelligible, then get angry when people are confused, I'll be honest and say "Yes, I do think less." It bothers me to see people NOT care how they present themselves.

There's a difference between "Teh quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." and "TeH qUiK bRn FoX jUmPeD oVa TeH lZy DaWg."

The first is a typo and understandable. I know I've made my share of those myself. The second is, to put it simply, a hot mess. I can accept the first, the second makes me want to scream.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No. I am a busy mom. I am human. I make mistakes. No one is perfect.

I am not writing a paper for college. I am not going to proofread every question or response. I would hope that other women here aren't that judgemental that I should need to.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:41 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• not at all! As long as an effort is made for them to communicate what they are trying to say I have no issue. If you say 'tell me why' and the answer is something like 'just because' thats pretty frustrating.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 4:38 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Not at all. We are here to help, for help, or to have fun. It's not English class.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 4:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No, I am not here to judge other moms, but to offer support and friendship. :-)
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 4:58 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No, I think mistakes happen - I make spelling errors too. What I can't stand is text-speak... it's hard to decipher and I think it's just pure laziness!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Not unless its unintelligible.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• no i don't. i think it really is dumb to dictate to someone how to write on social networks. i think people should be free to write as they please and those who don't like it should built a cyber bubble world for grammar and spelling and happily click away if they are so bothered by what others people say or rather how they write.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Why should? Who am I to judge? Every person is beautiful in their own way! That's what makes us who we are!! Some people are good at spelling, others at math, history, etc. Don't worry, be happy :)
    Grotezus

Answer by Grotezus at 6:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• no me either , i know sometimes i get angry and misspell cause i was to mad to proofread. or care about spell check...
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 6:59 AM on Oct. 17, 2010