Does it bother you that if your not married you are considered single??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• my SO & I are completely committed & devoted to each other. We are not married yet, but we do not need any one else's opinion on the subject. We are happy.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No, why should it? People have always stereotyped any thing/one that does not fit into what society considers "normal." Why worry? Who determines what is acceptable or not anyway? Don't be afraid to be categorized just because you don't always "go with the flow."
    There was a time when getting married between 12-15 was acceptable, yet now it is considered a terrible mistake. So don't worry. As long as you know what YOU are, and are happy with that, who cares what others think? No need to stress over it... :)
    Grotezus

Answer by Grotezus at 6:45 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No, if you are not married you are single.
    Single and looking.
    Single in a relationship.
    Single and not interested.
    Different circumstances within.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My SO and i have been togerther what seems like for years we call one another married and live as a marry couple so NO i am far from single. What matters to me is how i look at myself.... what other think doesn't matter to me one bit................
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No, why would it? If you're not married, then you are single! There is no in-between for tax purposes. Could you imagine how confusing it would be?
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• NO! It does bother me that because I am married I am considered married and it doesn't matter that I haven't seen him in 5 years or know for sure where he is at.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 4:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No it didn't bother me when hubby and I were living together and we were both considered single. It was just a "status" so to speak because we weren't legally married.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 9:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Why would it? You are aren't married, the gov't and most everything "official" considers you single. If you don't want to be labeled single...get married.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• What else would you call it? Not married = single.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2010