Anyone know of a great fiction book to read?

I have a habit of starting books but losing interest halfway through. Any suggestions??

Sarahbeth7

Asked by Sarahbeth7 at 5:59 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Entertainment

• John Grisham books seem to hold attention all the way through.....I like a lot of the books on Oprah's list....The Pilot's Wife comes to mind...I liked The Da Vinci Code (not accurate in many ways but so much fun)....In the Religous genre...The Shack...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It depends on what kind of fiction you like. As far as authors, I recommend Dan Brown and Nicholas Sparks quite often. I haven't read many books by Anne Rice, but I nkow she's great. Thomas Harris (the Hannibal creator) is also really good. If you haven't read them, the Twilight saga isn't bad. It's weird, but not bad in my opinion. As for books, 1984, Farenheit 451, The Lovely Bones, White Oleander, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Grapes of Wrath, The Host, and I could probably come up with at least 100 more.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It really depends on the type you enjoy. Fiction covers a lot of ground. For me it is anything by Dean Koontz. You may have saw a couple of his older works as a television movie. Phantoms was one. When he began some tried to compare him to Stephen King but he proved to be more intense. I love the way he draws you into the character. He is very psychologically complex. Some of his latest are Frankenstein: lost souls, Darkness under the sun, Odd is on our side.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I like books by danielle steele and even debbie macomber. But I really love chirsian fiction but when other books those are the two writers I like.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I have been reading some series from Guide Post like:  "Hope Heaven" and "Tales from Grace Chapel Inn" I am enjoing them.

JulySmile

Answer by JulySmile at 1:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Coldest Winter Ever. It'll grab you right from the start. It's about a teenage girl whose father is a big time drug lord, so they're living the high life and she's spoiled. He gets busted and they lose everything. The book focuses on her struggles afterward. It's racy and has a lot of language, so if you don't like that, then you probabyl wouldn't want to read it. You can read the first couple pages at Google books and I think Amazon books to see if you'd like it.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 7:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010