Should I work or stay home?

I have been working since I was 16 and have only been a SAHM since May of this year. I love staying home with DD, but I also miss having adult conversation and my own money. My husband is a Staff Sergeant with 17 years of military service, so we make decent money without me working. What would you do in my place?

tonbookluvr

Asked by tonbookluvr at 8:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would love to be able to stay home and raise my son, but its just not an option. I also know what you mean about needing adult interaction. I feel like I talk everyone's ear off when I do come across adults. I agree with what the other girls have mentioned though, either get a part time job that gets you out of the house or see about working from home.
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 8:26 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You could always get a parttime job for just a few hours a week just to get out of the house.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 8:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Hmmm. How about a part time job? that way you get the best of both worlds :)
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would stay home and mold my kids, I understand that there is a need for adult interaction, but it is better to sacrifice this and mold your child to your liking and experience all those first you would otherwise be missing, it is more than well worth it in my book!

Answer by older at 8:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Work from home make some extra cash for fun, I have some great ideas on my blog HOMECAREERSUCCESS,COM
    I would love you on my team if you were interested in doing make overs and helping other military wifes stay healthy and beautiful.

Best of luck with your choice, I dont think daycare costs are worth working outside the house.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Do whatever makes you feel most fulfilled. I loved staying home while my kids were little and then I started a business out of my home sewing draperies, doing alterations, etc. It was rewarding to do each. And the kids are happiest if you are happy.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:57 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would stay at home if the extra money isn't needed. You can always get a part time job or volunteer for the adult conversation.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Get a part time job or volunteer somewhere.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 11:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• if you don't need the income try volunteering somewhere or setting up play dates so you can have adult interaction
    Moki75

Answer by Moki75 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would work. I never could imagine staying at home and not making my own money. I love work, and I love spending MY money on whatever I want.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2010