Do you get all "dolled" up just to go to the grocery store?

Just wondering... I go with the bare minimum of being dressed in sweats or shorts, no make-up, and comfy shoes. However, I know some people that refuse to even shop without doing up their hair & make-up nice and dressing as though they are going to a formal affair just to shop.

Asked by TeensMom07 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I like to look nice every time I go anywhere, but I do not make it formal by any means.....

Answer by older at 8:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I put on real shoes (not slippers), make sure I've washed my face, brushed my teeth and hair, and am wearing a bra. That's about it.

Answer by SWasson at 8:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I shop when I am just a bit better dressed than when I am at home. My clothes match, are clean, my hair combed, I'm clean, and teeth brushed. My appearance is just about good enough that I wouldn't mind encountering a friend, which I often do. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• it depends on my state of mind. If I am feeling great and the kids are behaving well at home, I will put forth a little extra effort in getting ready. If I am in a bad mood or the kids are being demons then I go in sweats and flip flops.....Either way, groceries get bought, right? :)

Answer by tonbookluvr at 8:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I always make sure I look presentable any time I am going out anywhere - you never know who you might run into. I always make sure I'm clean, my clothes are clean, and I usually put at least bare minimum make up on. Although I usually just wear jeans and a nice shirt or sweatshirt or sweater. Nothing fancy!

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I try to be presentable if I am just going to the grocery store. Other stores I might make a little better effort. make-up is optional. It kind of makes me giggle when I see the ladies rocking the stilletos and runway style makeup.

Answer by mandapanda942 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I should add, too, that if they're all dolled up they might be coming straight from work -- I've had to do that plenty of times and then I'm in my office clothes.

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I wear comfy clothes, tennis shoes (or flip flops if it's warm), and toss my hair up in a pony tail. I try not to look sloppy, but I definitely don't feel the need to be "dolled up." The only time I'll wear make up and do my hair, is if I'm going out for some "adult time" with my hubby, or going out with friends. (like when my sister and my friends took me for karaoke on my birthday) Then I'll toss on a skirt, or a dress, or maybe a nice pair of pants and a cute, low cut top, and accessorize.

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I like to dress up all the time, no matter what I do. It's not to impress anyone, it's just who I am. I love makeup and fashion. I do it has a hobby I guess.

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Formal, no. But I DO put more effort into it than sweats or pj's; that to me says if you didn't bother to put "real" clothes on to go into public, then you probably didn't brush your teeth or put deodorant on either. I at least put on jeans and a t-shirt, and a quick swipe of eyeliner (hey, I don't like looking @ myself w/o ANY makeup on, I can't imagine that anyone else would enjoy the sight either).

Answer by Kassey713 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2010