Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Should i get my child a nut allergy bracelet , how important do you think it is. She is 6.

 
stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 18 (6,274 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I would get her one but also talk with her every so often to "remind" her so she will be able to tell people if asked :)
    kjbennett26

    Answer by kjbennett26 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • If she is allergic I would do it. My son wore a medic alert bracelet from the time he was three.
    Bmat

    Answer by Bmat at 8:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • I think the medic alert bracelet is a good idea, but it is still very important for her to learn to ask what is in things and to inform others that she is allergic to nuts.
    layh41407

    Answer by layh41407 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • I think a child needs to learn that they can't eat certain foods as soon as they know they are allergic to them. MY daughter is allergic to milk products and it is a big lesson to learn so they can learn to say no to foods that will really make them ill and not try to eat them. I have also given her medicine like Benadryl to counteract that which creates the allergic reaction in the first place if by chance she ends up eating some of it.
    CafeMochaMom1

    Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2010