Ladies for your delivery, how many weeks and were you very active or took it easy?

I am 38 weeks and I am surprised I am not showing any signs of labor. I think it has to do with that I stopped working a month prior when I was a server and on my feet nonstop. So I am curious if active mothers went into labor sooner then there due date and by how much.

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I only had 4 days off work before I had my 1st. I worked almost everyday. 4-8 hours. On my feet, and lifting things. I felt signs of labour. My back felt like someone stabb'd me with a knife. I had Braxton hicks ALOT months before due, and I was always tired.

With my 2nd. I barly worked. I went off work a a month and a half before I was due. I wasnt on my feet as much, wasnt so active. But yett wasnt tired. Had no braxton hicks at all until a week before.

I think theres a difference.
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Just because you're 38 weeks does not mean baby is ready to come yet. I was 41+ weeks with my son and never had any signs of labor prior to getting induced. With my daughter, I was 42+ weeks, I had one night of contractions, then nothing for a few days... I got induced with her also. Both kids were over 8 and a half pounds so they were definitely ready to come out by then. Hang in there mama, you won't be pregnant forever!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I walked 4 miles 3 times a week the last month of my pregnancy. When I went in for my 39 week checkup I was 5 cm and didnt even know it. I wasnt due for 4 days but my doc said he would break my water the next morning. I went to the hospital at 7am and had my son at 3 pm.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I was 40 weeks and 1 day. So I delivered one day after my due date. I was that pregnant lady that got yelled at several times a day to stop doing things. As far as not showing any early signs or labor, I did not show any until the day of. And they were so mild that a lot of people may have over looked them. Hang in there, youre almost there. I remember being 38 weeks and trying to think of ways to accelorate the process!
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I delivered at 40 weeks. I had had no signs of labor or any pain or anything. My water broke and that was that. I wasn't an extremely active preggo chick but I also didn't just sit around. I maintained my normal life. I worked up until the day i had my little girl and went for walks every day and tried to at least be physically active enough to stay healthy.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• With my first pregnancy I had my babies at 33 weeks....they are twins...but I was very active up until the day before I had them. I was on no restrictions at all so I continued to work and do all the things I was used to doing. With my second pregnancy, I wasn't working at the time at all (I was a sahm) and I had her at 41 weeks...but I was still very active because I had two 19 month olds to run after! lol. I am really interested to see when this next baby comes...I am still a sahm, but now with three active little girls...ages 4, 4, and 3. I am currently 30 weeks.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Being active sexually seems to have more to do with having a baby "on time" or not lol. With my son I was 40 weeks and 3 days when I went into labor and I was moderately active, both physically and sexually. Before going into labor I didn't really have any signs either. My braxton hicks got more intense, I MAY have lost my mucus plug (couldn't tell for sure because of the sexually active part lol) and that's it. I was worried I would never go into labor and end up induced in the hospital (wanted a home birth) but I went on to labor beautifully and birth my baby on my bedroom floor without any complications.

Have faith in your body.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2010