For the first time...I agree with Obama!!

LOL...Well...not exactly! :o)

"Part of the reason that our politics seems so tough right now and facts and science and argument does not seem to be winning the day all the time is because we're hardwired not to always think clearly when we're scared,” Obama said Saturday evening in remarks at a small Democratic fundraiser Saturday evening. “And the country's scared.”

Just like the banking crisis in October 2008 destroyed McCain's bid for the White House, as Americans thought they were in the midst of losing everything they had, became scared, weren't thinking clearly, and that resulted in their voting to put Obama's butt in office!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43706.html

Since Obama and the Democratic controlled Congress have FAILED to lay the ground work and/or stem the economic and unemployment crisis over the past 2 years, WHY should CLEAR-THINKING Americans continue to vote Democrat?

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 8:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• So I guess I see your point, I agree the fear could have driven our country to make such a horrendous mistake as to elect Obama. Just hope we survive another two years to see him gone.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:33 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• LOL, Lori. In that case, I guess I would have to agree with him too. I have never seen someone successfully spend their way out of debt. Doubt I will in this lifetime.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• IF the GOP/tea party take control...hope everyone can afford private school. The GOP candidate David Harmer wants to eliminate public school.

Fear mongering doesn't make you look smarter. Especially when it rests on the ridiculous idea that a single member of congress has the power to enact their pet projects that are so far out of whack with everyone else it will never even make it to committee. Then it becomes ignorant fear mongering and just makes you look silly.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• WHY should CLEAR-THINKING Americans continue to vote Democrat?

Because it takes more than two years to correct Eight Years of republican mismanagement that lead us to this near depression. Plus to make matters worse, the republican party has gone so far to the right that is makes it nearly impossible for many people to consider a republican candidate with views of anti gay and anti abortion.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 8:54 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Biden is just O's insurance..he is a total gaffe meister

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Honestly, I'm scared of ANY party taking over Congress or the Presidency.

There is always a party in control of congress, there's no way for it to work out dead even. The issue is when the same party controls congress AND the presidency at the same time. It doesn't matter which party, that should never be allowed to happen (see: current deficit)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:59 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My first answer was on the OP, Then I was answering Lorikeets lies and questions. Where did you learn your name calling from?

I called you "sweet"....did you change your name?

You answered the original OP and then you ran answer after answer of unrelated stuff....that is DEFLECTION! :)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I posted Gallup, because I felt it was more your speed!!

Well Lori, you were WRONG again!

lorikeet
    I have never had any difficulty thinking clearly, as I have never bought into liberal talking points!!!

Wrong again, thinking clearly has NOTHING to do with being a republican or democrat. Your opinion not FACT.

BTW I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 9:46 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If FISCAL CONSERVATIVES take control, and remain in control for the next 6 years

There aren't many running, only tea party wingnuts

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would like to add that the actions (bipartisan, I might add) of TARP and the Stimulus really did help the economy. Almost every economist agrees, including most independent economists. The sticking problem of the super high unemployment cannot be regulated. Just an FYI everybody, many businesses are sitting on cash right now and not hiring. The problem is not, of course, the ability to hire, it is the low demand for products and services. Every business would hire if they had to to increase production. No one will hire if they don't have anything for people to do, no matter how many tax breaks they get. How does a government legislate the unemployment rate? You tell me.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2010