Anyone Else Find It Annoying?

Those little ads at the bottom of the page that will randomly get bigger for no reason or when you go to post something and touch the picture? For example the one that is about cat litter that is there now? Not he aads, just the fact that they get bigger and it's almost like you are being forced to look at them.

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 8:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yes, yes, yes!! very annoying!!!!!

Answer by older at 8:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I hate that they are on the same level of the POST YOUR ANSWER and I accidently click them.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes. And the worst one ever was the Aquafresh ad...it would pop out huge before you even touched it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I find them annoying on any site, yes. Especially when they get bigger even though you're no where near them. Then you have to search for the "Close" button or wait for them to go away. And some are soo aggressive they come back a few more times during your visit. It is a way for them to shove the ad in your face. Super annoying.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Agreed,. annoying!
    ThaSs

Answer by ThaSs at 11:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes, I do. Wish we had the option to turn them off.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I downloaded Firefox (use that now instead of Internet Explorer) and there's an AdBlock Plus that blocks all of the ads. I don't have any ads on my page ;-)
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 8:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• The ads at the bottom of your browser window are part of our IM system. If you don't want to use IM on CafeMom, you can hide it (and the ad). Just click on "Privacy + Settings" at the top of any page. After re-entering your password, you'll see an option for "Show CafeMom Instant Messenger".
    Cafe BTC

Answer by Cafe BTC at 10:10 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Nope, I have a pop-up blocker.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• YES.. and kimpippin, I have firefox and it still shows up in mine.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2010