What is the youngest child you've seen that was pregnant?

Yesterday at Wal mart i saw a girl that couldn't have been even 14,and she was at least 6 months pregnant. I don't think she'd even gotten all her adult teeth in yet,but was pregnant already! This enrages me and makes me fear for that little baby's life.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:59 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• When my sister was 12 and in the 6th grade, she had a friend who was also 12 and was pregnant. She gave that baby up for adoption and then only a few months later- before she was even 13, she was pregnant again. I often wonder what happened to this girl because she was no longer in school after that.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You don't know the whole situation. She could have been raped. She could be older. I've seen a lot of young-looking moms who have babies --- myself included! I was 22 when I had my son but I still looked like I was 15. I got a lot of nasty looks despite being a grown adult and married. So just because someone looks young means nothing. I'm 28 now and I still get carded and I'm told I look like I'm 16!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Maybe you dont know all the facts? and a lot of girls look a lot younger or older than they actually are. Dont judge people before you know their situation.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I am a labor and delivery nurse and I have delivered 12 year olds
    enigma920

Answer by enigma920 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I use to work at a maternity ward and once saw a 12 year old that gave birth and it was a child holding a child....

Answer by older at 9:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i saw a teenager bringing a little baby outfit to her mom once in walmart. she was probably 15. the mother even had a young child herself so it was very sad. kids only thinking about cute clothes and not the long term commitment and responsiblity of parenthood.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:03 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• 14 years ago when I was doing my student teaching, there was a 12 year old in 6th grade pregnant at the inner city middle school where I was teaching. Her mother was thrilled that she was becoming a grandmother.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• my husbands cousin had her baby when she was 14 yrs old, and I went to school with a girl that had a baby in 8th grade.
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Oh, and the 12 year old i knew of 14 years ago, the baby daddy was 17 and living with the family.

Then there was the 14 year old girl that had a baby at home. Her mom watched the baby while she went to school and her 22 year old baby daddy lived with them went to work. Mom loved the new little baby so much, she was hoping they would have another one soon. This was at the same school/same time frame as the other one.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My cousin is a counseler at a middle school and one of her students just had a baby. She is 13. She is a victim of rape though and hid her pregnancy from everyone until the last month.
    BabyBoyBlue

Answer by BabyBoyBlue at 9:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2010