Cancer is man made . What do you think?

http://www.livescience.com/health/cancer-man-made-disease-breast-cancer-101015.html

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 9:26 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Mostly. I could write a book on this subject so rather than go on, I'll just say mostly...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I don't think it is in a deliberate sense, but I believe that the environmental factors are a cause ~ and that our own personal choices can/do make a difference.

That being said, I DO believe that the reason we have no cure available for purchase IS man made, and wrapped up completely in greed. No pharma company is going to give up the cash cow they have as far as cancer drugs and treatments. They don't care who dies or how many die. Cripes, they don't even care about 'healthy' people or there would be medicine that cures disease instead of pills that mask symptoms and create more ~ and require even more pills to control the side effects.

The FDA as well as the pharma companies should be dismantled and redone from the ground up ... at least if people care about really being healthy and getting the best care.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I do not agree that it is manmade. Cancer cells develop and are fought off on a daily basis in the human body. However, sometimes the situation becomes of that to provide a perfect growing environment for the abnormal cells. When killer cells can no longer keep the cancerous cells at bay, a person is then found to have " cancer". And besides, people live longer, and diagnositcs are more readily available and correct more often, we have to die of something. Diabetes is now considered rampant in the US population, but many GI and Metabolic specialist have said that if we all live long enough we will all have DM. Does that mean DM is man made? No, it just means the situations in which we all now live provide the perfect environment for it to thrive. If a person eats healthy enough to have a cholesterol level around 100-140, it actually inhibits the function of Tcells and helps cancer to thrive.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• That's an interesting article. I tend to agree more with the point that we live longer, and cancer is rare even in these days under the age of thirty.

I do believe that some of it is man-driven, not man made, if that makes sense. You have to be pretty careful to make sure you are not eating food grown in a test tube. There's a lot of chemicals tossed around, a lot of factors in the air. So it's pretty obvious that it's both our longer life spans and our crazy habits that have contributed to the much higher cancer rates in our age.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I think it is partially environmental and part genetic tendencies.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Cancer is mostly a disease of the aged and has been killing people for centuries if not since the beginning of time. That would have made some pretty damn smart cavemen.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Very interesting article indeed! it makes a lot of sense to me!

Answer by older at 10:24 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I agree with older
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010