How can i loose my baby weight FAST!

hey there ladies- i've always been a bigger girl, pretty much all my life. but when i got pregnant with my son in august of 2007, i seemed to gain and gain and gain weight. i'm now weighing 230 lbs! i've never been this heavy before, i feel horrible, i don't have energy and i'm depressed because of my body image. i've tried everything when it come to dieting, my son is now almost 6 months old and i've only lost 5 lbs. i walk every day, eat healthy, and stay hydrated, plus i'm constantly running around trying to get the house cleaned, look after my son, and do at-home workouts when i have the time. i don't know what i'm doing wrong but my boyfriend wants to get married next year, and i AM NOT going to look like this on my wedding day. PLEASE give me some tips on what to do--

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Do you breastfeed? That tends to help. Even though my weight has not come off as fast after my second son.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• reduce your caloric intake. get a food journal, I like the DietMinder. keep your calories ato about 1500 per day. remember, it takes 3500 accumulated calories to make or lose a pound, and it will take as much as 3 weeks to start seeing real weight loss. you didn't gain all that weight in a month, and you can't lose it all in a month either!
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Eat as much fruit as you desire before each meal.

With your evening meal eat a LARGE green salad (plus that fruit) before you eat your main meal. This will fill you up with lots of nutritious food.

Fruits and greens provide all the nutrients you body needs, so filling up before will help you eat less of the other meal..but you will feel more satisfied.

Make sure you are eating less than what you are burning. You could use something like nutridiary.com to help you be aware of how many calories you are eating currently to see where you are going wrong.

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You seem to have the exercise down from what you say so continue doing what you are doing.

Try to stay positive - any slips up..embrace them, acknowledge them and move on...dont let them make you feel crappy..its life..you are bound to slip up now and then.

Take your time and enjoy the process. This has to be a lifestyle change.

http://www.stripthatfatnow.com/Diets/WeightLossPrograms.html
    keyaziz

• I am using a portion control weight loss product that has No drugs No stimulants and No side effects. It helps you with cutting your portions and calorie intake down so you lose weight, without feeling hungry. I have lost over 7lbs already and i feel great! Pm me if you would like to know more
    MyO3WorldMomma

Answer by MyO3WorldMomma at 10:52 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Exercise & eat right. Whatever you do, commit to it even on days you feel tired, grumpy or sore. It gets easier & better each day.

Combine resistance & fat burning cardio. Consider your fitness level, listen to your body. Don't overdo it at first or you won't be able to maintain it.

Keep track of what you eat, every bite, measure or weigh servings. Drink at least 8 glasses of water. Don't eat too little, don't skip meals. No less than 1200 calories a day & a good multivitamin. If you can, eat 3 small meals & 2 or 3 healthy snacks a day to keep up energy & help keep you from eating everything in sight at night.

Take your measurements and weigh in weekly. Keep track.

Find support. A workout buddy, online group, email buddy, for days when you feel like skipping or cheating.

I do dance/aerobics at naptime, PM me and I'll workout "with" you. You just have to decide & make that commitment to yourself

Go
    MRiverson

Answer by MRiverson at 8:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• thanks ladies you guys are so supportive<3
    Anonymous

• There is no way to target weight loss to a specific area of the body because your body decides where it wants to put on weight and where it wants to take it off. The midsection is a common "problem" area for many people.

The best way to lose fat is through cardiovascular exercise. It is important to do a variety of abdominal exercises (including crunches) to keep your core strong, but until that excess fat is gone, you will not see the muscle definition. So if you’re not doing cardio, crunches are not going to help get the six-pack you’ve been hoping for. Regular cardio exercise at a level that’s challenging for you is your best bet.
    VitalityGal

Answer by VitalityGal at 10:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2008