Should I just delete it?

My husband's ex-mother-in-law sent me a message on Facebook that I didn't appreciate. It was hurtful. I kept the email notification that I'd received it as well as the message itself on my Facebook.

Should I delete it or keep it, just in case?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 9:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd keep it just in case, but I wouldn't reply back to her.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I'm weird like that so I would keep it. Did you tell your husband? I'm not really sure what you are keep it in case of.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:38 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If it's something that you think might be useful for some reason in the future, keep it. If it's not, and it's just there annoying you, delete. it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:37 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would show my husband and keep it for future reference.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 9:39 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would keep it but STOP looking at it or print it out and put it in the file cabinet just in case you need it for later. Then I would delete her as a friend and tell her that if she can't be nice to you, you will block her so she can't even send you a message.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I told my husband about it the moment I found it. My husband's ex and her family have never liked him and keep wanting to screw him over, when my husband is trying to do the best that he can. I think I'll just keep it, even though it annoys me every time I see it.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would delete it so that it would not continue to upset me and rise above.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:15 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Dear that is petty bull crap and not worth your time or consideration. Don't lower yourself to their level. rebut in a simple not totally pleasant but non abrasive way, delete the message and them!!!
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• totally agree with tyfry.. you want to keep it for evidence, if it gets to the point of stalking or public nuisance. but you dont want to have to see it.. so print it and delete it and delete her and block her like tyfry said..
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i would keep it... show them you dont give two shits what they have to say. You and your husband are happy and confident! Its kind of a screw you with out saying it... You can always write underneath and say "ill pray for you". MAN THAT PISSES PEOPLE OFF! BEST OF LUCK
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2010