Did I take it a little too far?

After the hospital staff neglected to give my son the care that he required he passed away and I only got to spend less than one day with him because they insisted on keeping him in the nursery and then in the NICU (the NICU was understandable of course). When I had my daughter I demanded a new hospital and demanded that she not leave my side unless absolutely necessary. I made the doctors and nurses check her in my room where she was next to me. Did I go a little too far with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I am so sorry that this happened. There is no way that you went too far. You have to do whatever is necessary to protect your children. The hospital and Drs. should understand your concern. You are doing what you need to take care of yours. (((Hugs))))
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Not at all, I'd have done the same thing.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No, you have every right!!!! I am sorry you experienced such a terrible loss.

Answer by older at 9:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No I don't think you did. I am so sorry for your loss. :(
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I don't think you took it too far at all. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I would have done the same thing if it had been me.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:00 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No not at all. You did the right thing. I would be the same way. Congratulations on your new baby. :)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:06 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No. I did not have the experience you did and still insisted that both my kids stay in the room with me. Actually there was never a question about it. With dd they offere the nursery b/c she was so colicky and they wanted me to rest... I refused and that was that.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• no. it is supposed to be at your discrepency if you want your child in the room or not. i would rather see an over protective parent ( not that you are) but i would rather see a mother who cares than one who doesnt care at all
    hoosier.mom88

Answer by hoosier.mom88 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You did what you felt was necessary to protect your child. There is nothing wrong with that. You suffered a great loss and it is totally understandable that you would want your newborn with you as much as possible.
    MrsHatch4

Answer by MrsHatch4 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• im sorryI would have done the same things as you!

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010