The Doctor gave me two due dates. One is the missed period date and the other one is my sonogram date. Which should I go by? adult content

roxannewarner

Asked by roxannewarner at 10:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I usually went by the missed period. The ultrasound is usually wrong. It was 3 weeks off for y son, they aid I got pregnant 3 weeks before I originally did but I was having sex then, caused a fight between my husband and I because he thought I cheated when I didnt. My son came near the pissed period date and looks just like his daddy, thats when he was convinced our son was his.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If you are certain about your missed period, i'd go with that. Sonograms can be off a LOT.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:45 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Why don't you just say between this date and that date you will have the baby. I went by the missed period date.

Answer by louise2 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I'd go with the later of the two. That way you won't be induced too early (doctors like to induce at 41 weeks even though normal gestation is between 38 and 42 weeks), and you won't get your hopes up too much lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• the one in the middle
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 11:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Sonograms and when you ovulate can be off sometimes. Like if I went by my LMP I would be due the 17th. I've had two different types of u/s one said I was due the 20th and the other 26th.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:22 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I had the same thing but there were only a couple days in between. I asked my doc about it and she said that they go by the period date unless there is a significant (e.g. two week) difference - then they will evaluate.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Im going by the ultrasound date, although.. I should be due in 3 days then if they were right. But other wise.. I'd be around 42 weeks now i geuss, if I was to go by my missed period Due date. That could be right too though..
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2010