Are the schools in your area starting to stop the bump & grind dances?

Ours is and the kids aren't happy with it. I just read where Ohio os putting a stop to the " Dirty Dancing"

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I hate the music they play at them...why not jsut go with some good danceable uplifting stuff with a good message- there IS plenty of that out there...

my daughter doesn't want to go hear all the stuff they play- so she usually skips them
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• *and if kids are/ have been dancing like that at school functions...they have LET them? yikes... They definitely should put a stop to it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• A couple of years ago, one of the high schools had to have police officers as security because kids were having sex on the dance floor and the parents and staff couldn't break up the chain of bodies around the people having sex. The school banned ALL dances for the rest of the year. Prom was almost cancelled and dances for the next school year had very high amounts of security. If kids didn't follow the rules they were escorted out. What teens do now is just plain disgusting!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No, my 4 year old niece is learning those moves now in her dance classes. I'm the only one bothered by it,
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• *eye balls rolling*
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 11:06 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No... They tried that when I was in school... The students staged a protest and no one bought tickets for homecoming... Not even the football team showed... The rule lasted like 2 weeks...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• They are saying the girls are being so seductive that the boys are ejaculating not sure that's a good things for young girls to be doing & learning at such an early age
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• The HS I work in never allowed that. Dance attendance is pretty good.
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010