CANT GET PREGNANT

I HAVE ONE CHILD AND HE IS 7 AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PREGNANT FOR 4 YRS NOW ... MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE TRIED THE OVULATION KITS I JUST HAD MY TUBES CHECKED FOR BLOCKAGE IM OVULATING AND HIS SPERM COUNT IS GOOD...WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM.PLEASE HELP OPEN TO IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS. THANKS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Sometimes it's just a timing problem. Start charting your cycles. Get the book Taking Chcarge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It will teach you everything about it :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Did you confirm that you are ovulating? Sometimes you have have positive OPKs and still not ovulate... generally checking progesterone at 7 dpo via blood test is able to tell you if you are ovulating. Are you charting your cycles? At what point in your cycle are you ovulating? Do you have an adequate luteal phase (length of time between ovulation and menstruation?) 14 days is average, anything less than 12 may impair fertility, and anything under 10 will definitely impair fertility. I would also recommend the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book by Toni Weschler as a good start to troubleshooting your cycles. If you chart a few you may see something pop up that gives you some insight. I hope you get a BFP soon!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:37 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Start by figuring out when your most fertile days are. Have sex then. Also, figure out if there's a lot of stress going on in your life. If you're stressed, it could also take a toll on becoming pregnant.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2010