any moms of 4 yr old little boys?

my son turned 4 aug 30th. he goes 2marrow get his 4 yr shots .. wud have got them sooner but his doctor did not have any openings. im so scared to how he is going to react. he hasnt had any shots since b4 he turned 2 because he had them all on time. now he is older im sure he dont remeber none of that and i feel so sad and bad for him. i hate that he has to go threw this ... :(( but i know its for the best so my question is how did your little one do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• they get over it fast. my advice personally is to break the shots up. instead of all at once, do them over time. but that is coming froma selective staggered vaccinating mom. LOL
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 11:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We don't have 4yo shots. My son will have shots when he's 5 before he starts Kindergarten, but none when he's 4. And he can actually wait until he's 6 to get them, but I usually make it a part of getting ready for school to go for their shots (I have a 12 and an 8 yo as well).
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• They do get it over fast and my advice is to let them do it however they do it. Even if he does remember and start fussing, once it's done, it's done. The good news is it will be over in a flash and he won't have to deal with it again for a long time.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Not much you can do! I tell my boys before they go they are getting them ...I have a 7,4,3 yr old and a 8 month old boys! They know once its over they get to pick whats for dinner and snack...I also make sure I have tylenol and motrin on hand for them!!
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My son did not even feel the shots. There r no 4 year old shots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• my nephew will be four at the end of november. He's had 2 shots since his two year shots, the flu shot. Each time He said he was going to be brave and he was strong so the shot wouldnt hurt him. He didnt even cry lol but he's a tough little guy. My 3yr old got his flu shot when my younger son was getting his 18month shots he cried for a second but got over it really fast.
    joscelyne

Answer by joscelyne at 1:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My son had no problem with his. He also received his shots for kindergarten.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My four year old loves going to get needles. Its because my 11 year old throws a fit when she gets her shots, so he thinks he is mighty tough when he doest cry of throw fits. He likes to rub it in big sisters face that he didnt cry about getting shots. My six year old little girl is the same way. She doesnt cry or anything. Good luck.
    susiebabz09

Answer by susiebabz09 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My DS isn't four yet, but there aren't any shots scheduled for him at his 4 year check- up, though I know he'll have to get some at 5.
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 10:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2010