I need a recipe for chicken strips

I am planning on making chicken strips tonight for dinner. I have not found any yet that I can make with what I have at home. Do you know an easy recipe?

RaeLynn1221

Asked by RaeLynn1221 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Try this maybe... http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,chicken_strips,FF.html
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Here's how I make mine. I take boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them into strips or chunks. I sprinkle the pieces with salt, pepper and "italian seasoning" which is just oregano, basil, thyme and uh...marjoram, I think. Basically, use whatever herbs/spices you like. If your family likes spicy use some cajun seasoning, for example.

For the breading, I hack up ends and crusts of whole wheat bread that I save in a baggie in the freezer. If you don't have that, just hack up whatever bread you have, two slices at a time, in your blender or food processor. I've never tried making it with packaged bread crumbs, but I don't see why you couldn't. I flavor my bread crumbs with salt, pepper and sometimes some herbs, but usually not (they burn in the oil).

(continued)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 9:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I throw all of the chicken strips into some watered down scrambled egg. Then a few at a time I move them into seasoned flour (whole wheat flour seasoned with salt and pepper for me, but you can use what you like. Seasoned salt like Lawrey's would be good here) and then back into the egg and then into the crumbs. I do ALL of them and set them on waxed paper on a tray.

I fry them in solid shortening at 350° 'til they look right. lol I use wheat bread, so they're darker than if I used white. If I used white bread, they'd be golden brown and delicious. :D This way they're darker brown and just as delicious! :D
    Avarah

• here is how i make mine

i get some chicken breast, ceaser flavored croutons, seasonings of choice (IE: salt, pepper, a dash of steak seasoning etc), butter.

i cut the chicken in strips, crush croutons until fine, mix the seasonings with the croutons, melt the butter. dip chicken in butter then batter. cook in oven at 350 degrees until done.
    Jen2190620

Answer by Jen2190620 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You could use bread crumbs like the ladies above, but you could also just flour coat the chicken like you would for fried chicken.

I usually pound the chicken a little bit to tenderize it, but that is optional. Season it with whatever you want to season it with. Coat with flour. (you can also season the flour with the seasonings you used on the chicken.

Heat some oil (I pretty much use olive oil for everything) in a pan. You don't need to fully cover the chicken with oil, just a little bit in the bottom. Put the chicken in the oil till golden and crispy on each side.

If you're making a big batch I would set it on racks on cookie sheets in the oven. Have the oven on about 250 to keep them warm and crispy. This way you are also making sure you got the strips fully cooked.

Good luck!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• For something different, but *really* tasty, try using tempura batter for chicken strips. It's lighter than the usual coatings, and has a nice crunchy-crisp texture. I like to add a little celery salt & paprika to mine, but you can add whatever you like. Fry them until deep golden, then sprinkle with salt as soon as you take them out of the oil. Serve with a variety of sauces: soy, ponzu, ketchup, bbq, sweet & sour, etc. Easy as can be, quick, and delicious!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Do you have Bisquick? They have a great recipe for chicken strips on the back of the box. Mine got thrown out before I could save it or I'd share it, sorry :0(
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2008