How would you react?

Someone that I used to consider a good friend of mine told me that while she was at work she cashed/deposited a check that my mother had written for a local business. I found this odd and told my mom in passing.

A few days later the girl and I have a falling out over something minor and my mom brings up the check thing. My mom asked me If I would be upset if she called the girls bank and spoke to her boss, I said no that I just passed on the info.

My mom called and spoke to her boss and then last night I get a message from the girl saying "why are you trying to get me in trouble? I didn't do anything."

Cont.

Halleys_mommy

Asked by Halleys_mommy at 9:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• She basically lied to her boss to cover her butt and then turned around and told the boss stuff about when I used to live in her town and had landlord issues and said that I'm a compulsive liar and my mom is a gossip.

She thinks that since my mom likes to talk to people that she got out of the lady that she wrote the check to, where she banked and then my mom called the bank, and the boss told my mom that my ex-friend cashed the check.

1) would you be pissed?

2) what would you do?

Halleys_mommy

Answer by Halleys_mommy at 9:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• if you aren't friends with this person anymore, why do you even care? cut the ties and leave them cut.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:01 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I would be really pissed that she is talking shit...I have no clue what I would do though...
    SadieBaby0825

Answer by SadieBaby0825 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2008