H0w would you safely lose alot of weight fast???

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Health

• There is no way to lose a lot of weight very quickly. You might lose weight very quickly at first, but your body slows down it's weight loss at some point (called your "set point", where your body thinks your weight should be. No one knows what causes it). Slow and steady is the best.

That said, I've lost 44 of my 56 pregnancy pounds in the last two months by giving birth (10 pound baby lol), breastfeeding and then eating right and exercising moderately. Unfortunately, my set point is about 195 pounds, so it's going to be a challenge to get below that.

So... eat at least 1500 calories a day of healthy food, exercise and it should come off at a reasonable pace.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• U can always go to the dentist and have him do oral surgery done,u will not have any appetite then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• cut calories and exercise. you should eat at least 1200 calories a day and safe weight loss should only be 1-2 lbs a week
    Moki75

Answer by Moki75 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You can't. You can lose weight safely or you can lose weight fast. You cannot do both.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I lost weight pretty fast simply by eating only healthy carbs, and no sugar. I ate a bigger breakfast and never ate after dinner, even if I was starving. The weight came off so fast it was unreal. I drank only water...no coffee, no juice, no pop, no alcohol, NOTHING but water all day every day. I had oatmeal and eggs for breakfast, snacked on protein bars or shakes, salads for lunch (with tuna or chicken on them) and homemade dressing so that I could eliminate the sugar. Snacked on veggies and/or fruit. Grilled chicken or fish and veggies for dinner almost every night. I lost like 10 pounds in the first month alone. After six months I had lost 30 pounds. It was coming off so fast that each week people at work were noticing. A year later, it is still off and I am not as strict with my diet at all.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• wow mommyh2 that is awesome you have awesome will power!!! congrats
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 11:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• good old diet && exercise, my friend.
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• The hcg drops, you lose 1-2 pounds a day.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• How do you lose 1 -2 pounds a day with hcg drops? Do those drops actually burn off 3500 - 7000 calories plus the calories you eat per day? You have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound of fat, so I'm really curious how those drops work.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• "safe" "a lot" and "fast" do NOT belong in the same sentence when talking about weight loss. It just can't be done - you can lose a lot fast but it won't be safe, you can lose a lot safely but it won't be fast.
    Anonymous