This is gonna sound crazy, but does anyone else...

Always go to a female cashier at the grocery store? I have past issues with men, ie: rape, abuse..so I feel more comfortable with female cashiers. Our local grocery stores have recently hired staff to direct traffic...which means if I stand in the longest line just to get a female cashier (I don't care how long I have to wait!) someone will come along and ask me politely to move to another line. This irritates the living crap out of me! I'm usually rude and say, "No I'm fine here, thank you though" and turn my head and ignore them (thanks to 2 & 1/2 yrs, counseling under my belt I'm not letting ANYONE tell me what to do anymore! ..but still, wth?? Do any of you ever experience this? Do they have these ridiculous and totally uneccesary (imo) trafiic cops in your grocery stores? Is anyone else out there as fucked up as me??!

chocolatluver

Asked by chocolatluver at 11:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I understand why it bothers you and its understandable.

I always check myself out lol, I dont like the incompatacy you see with some of the cashiers, so I dont bother with it lmao. Plus my 3yr loves to help mommy beep and pay :)
    ThaSs

Answer by ThaSs at 11:45 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Well I am single and looking for a date so when I see a good looking guy  I choose him. But this also depends on my mood so I really think I do choose a female over a male.     GOOD QUESTION!!!

JulySmile

Answer by JulySmile at 2:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I just go to whatever line is shortest, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:12 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Nope I just go to the shortest line
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I go to female cashiers any time I am using WIC or buying something personal like pads, condoms, etc. I feel like the women will understand and not judge me quite as much for using WIC, and be less likely to have mean thoughts about my use of feminine hygene products and condoms lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Heck I go to the shortest line possible. I understand that you are still dealing with what happened to you but you have to try to take more control over putting it behind you. I wish you blessings and luck.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I'm a cashier at a grocery store.  Customers are directed to checkouts with shorter queues because people are stupidand they always go the the first open checkout.  So consequently the frist two checkouts always have 4 or 5 people while the others have 1 or 2.  If you don't want to move then that's fine but you don't have to be rude about it.  We are not mind readers and don't know your reasons.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:22 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Same here with chosing the woman's line when I'm using WIC and/or foodstamps.
    Anonymous

• Actually at the local grocery store ( small town here) I go to my favorite cashier's and avoid the ones that are cold....I do not care how long I have to wait I will not go to a cashier that is going to be cold shouldered torwards me
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010