Long placenta bad?

I posted this earlier but only got one response, probably because of the time I posted it. So I'm re-posting to see if anyone else answers. I read on my ultrasound that the lady typed Long Placenta on one of the pictures. Is it bad that its long? I'm impatient and don't want to wait until the obgyn calls me with all the details lol. I just figured if it wasn't important that it was long, she wouldn't have typed it out. So it's either bad or good, and google doesn't help!

Smexkitten

Asked by Smexkitten at 9:48 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am not totally sure, but I do not think it really means anything. If there was a major problem then you would have heard from them by now.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I agree, you would have heard by now if it was important. And those ultra sound machines are not all they're cracked up to be. They told me my daughter would not weigh more than 6.5-7 pounds at birth MAX. She was 8 pounds 15 oz. It is probably a lot to do with the positioning of the baby and your uterus that makes things seem bigger or smaller then they are. Or, a long placenta may be a good thing. I am not sure, sorry.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• The exact same thing happened to me. She wrote long placenta in one of the pictures and it so happened to mean I had placenta previa, where the placenta is in front of the baby instead of behind (hope you know what I mean). I kinda figured something was wrong when she told me to empty my bladder and come back in to look at "something" now that my bladder was empty. I guess she was trying to make sure the placenta was long or in front and not just a confussion of a full bladder.
    lavieboheme

Answer by lavieboheme at 2:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2011