What to stock up on?

Hi all. I am 32 weeks pregnant and having some serious pain issues so pretty soon I will not be able to do as much so hubby is taking me this week to do a huge shopping trip to stock up on things from now until a week after baby comes. I am working on a shopping list and I'm wondering...

What would you stock up on if you knew you were going on bed-rest in a week???

AllThatBabyJazz

Asked by AllThatBabyJazz at 11:37 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Grapes, oranges, apples, popcorn, popcycles, chips, sweets, since my husband loves to cook, I would be getting stuff for dinners too. DEli meat from sandwiches... anything easy really. Good luck and congrats!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• get a couple loaves of bread and freeze one. if you get organic milk it lasts a lot longer so you could buy extra and it will keep (it's ultra-pasteurized). this way you won't even have to worry about running out for these items. maybe some ground meat so that you can freeze it and pull it later. Rice, noodles, frozen veggies. You could get ingredients for lasagna and make one now and freeze it for later.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• depending if your husband can cook or not, easy to cook meals, also some meals that will not spoil easily, you need pads not kotex, stock up on pads because after you have the baby you will have afterbirth and like a heavy period for a few days or weeks, also get some breast pads because regardless of if you breast feed or not your breast will still probably leak for a few days at least, maybe get some flushable adult wipes to clean yourself it makes you feel cleaner down there when you have the afterbirth. make sure you have plunty of diapers i would get both premies and stage one. my kids always the first few weeks needed premies even though they were not premature. baby wipes. toilet paper, whatever type of drink you like such as juice, water, ect. I hope some of this helps.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 11:47 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Thanks ladies! Keep the ideas coming, I am making a list...

What NON grocery items???
    AllThatBabyJazz

Comment by AllThatBabyJazz (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Soups! My pantry is still not complete without loads of soups, including the cream of... soups. You can make tons of stuff with just hamburger and soups and pasta!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Kleenex, toilet paper and paper towels! Stock up on paper plates and maybe even disposable cups to cut down on dishes.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Stock up on things that can be made and last for 2-3 days thats what i do for example if you like spaghetti thats a good one or if you have a slow cooker like me you could make a big pot of chili beans i usually will put mine on low in the slow cooker in the morning time but definately no later than noon as my fiance gets off work at 7pm and by the time he gets home we have a nice pot of beans to eat and i make the cornbread about 30 minutes before he gets off work. Also if you trust other peoples cooking you could ask others to make 1 freezable dish for your family. I agree with m-avi on the paper towels plates and cups but dont forget the cutlery too lol anyway good luck and i think maybe we could be due date buddies as im just today turning 33 weeks so its pretty close :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 12:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I was on bed rest of awhile as well. I would suggest just normal stuff. If no one with you doing the day I would do foods you could just grab and microwave. Maybe make sandwishs to freeze. I would make sure enough bread, frozen vegs, frozen waffles, canned items. Meats in the freezer. I mean if run out of stuff get someone to go to the grocery for you. make batchs of soup and chilis to freeze so can just grab out of the freezer. cookies or whatever you like to snack on.I would just make a lot of stuff and freeze so what ever you like would be your grocery list.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would stock up on fruits and veggies, not too much because you know how fast they go bad. Drinks. Plenty of easy meals, because for me at least getting my fiance to cook is like pulling teeth and my kids are still little so they would have to depend on his cooking, lol. Also, some simple snacks.
    Redundant320

Answer by Redundant320 at 3:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2011