How do you get organised?

I study full time and have a 9 month old, and a husband that doesnt cook or clean. (bread winner) .

I find it difficult to manage my time for my study commitments. I am meant to have 30 hours a week in study yet i find i am up till 2-3 am in the morning trying to study, after trying to be the happy wife and mother.

So how do you organise your time? do you have a routine? any tips at all?

Weldo1983

Asked by Weldo1983 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• When my daughter was little, I worked full time and also attended school for a while. It was tough. I used my lunch hour to eat and study. We were on a very tight schedule after work. Dinner, bath, ready for bed or quiet time. After she was about four, she liked to look at books by herself, so she "did her studying" and I did mine. She went to bed about 8 and then I studied until 9:30. This was no perfect every night of course, but it's what we shot for.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:51 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• When you are cleaning...you can put your notes in different rooms...as you clean, you study those notes. That is actually a technique but I forget the name of it. Read your texts to your baby so that you are entertaining her and studying at the same time. Explain to your hubby that you can not keep up at this pace. He needs to chip in and help out a little. Can you give him at least one chore around the house? Do one load of laundry every day. Throw it in the wash in the morning...put it in the drying when you get home and fold it before bed. Then it won't pile up. Clean only one room per day or every other day. Things around the house can not be perfect when you are a working mom. It's ok to let things not be perfect. Best of luck to you! It is possible, but just make sure you don't burn yourself out.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• thats the thing mommy h2.. i have neglected my cleaning because i just dont have the time. but i do hope to get into some tomorrow. as my daughter is in creche on mondays and fridays,, they are my study days but the house is depressing me, there is just books, papers, letters, toys etc on our dining table and I dont see the point in having a dinning table because its just being used as a dump site. thanks for your ideas though, they are pretty cool. will have to try them out tomorrrow :)
    Weldo1983

Comment by Weldo1983 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2010