Do you have a mentor/s? Are you a mentor?

I have had several mentors over the years. Each of them had a positive effect on my life..a couple of them a profound effect. As a military wife I have had the opportunity to be a mentor. I have found being a mentor to be just as meaningful as having one.

What about you?

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 11:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I havent been a mentor yet, but for my studies i have a few mentors i look up to. I think mentors are great , you can learn so much and they can be so inspiring, you can do things you thought would only be in your wildest dreams.

good for you being a mentor, it would truly be a rewarding experience I think :)
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• when I first got into medicine I had a much older RN take me under her wing who had alot of experience in Australian and European medical practices, we remain friends today after 20+ years. As far as mentoring, I think not. I do act as a pseudo parent though to the friends of my children, many come from divorced or addicted parents.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I have a mentor that is helped me with college application and helped to turn me in the right direction to achieve what I want to. Currently, she is helping me with getting internships over the summer in DC and transferring to Georgetown. She's been amazing and there's a lot I wouldn't have thought to go through with without her. I would love to be a mentor someday.
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 1:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I am a mentor to an AVID student at school and one of the first year teachers.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• nope, nope
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I have had mentors growing up, that helped to keep me on the straight and narrow and served as positive male role models--since I never knew my father--likely what helped me not become another "broken home" statistic!

Anyway, as a mom and a teacher, I like to think that I am mentoring my children and students to be the absolute best they can be, and to help them envision the path to success, and how their dreams can become realities! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yes and yes (not actively at the moment, but frequently in my life and will be going forward)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I had a mentor recently (a couple of years ago) for a college algebra course that I was doing online. She was fantastic.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

---
    I had the pleasure of temping at the AVID Center of San Diego. After learning more about the program, I realized that my math grades (as a whole) would have been much better if this program was in the high school I attended.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:51 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yes, I have mentored many new, inexperienced nurses over my career. I also have had some kind mentors along the way.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010