Why does my husband do uncessary things?!?

He is in the Army, their uniform are the ACU's, they were designed to NOT EVER BE NEEDED TO IRONED...and they NEVER look like they need ironing after he washes them...yet he ALWAYS irons them...it bothers me because its uncessary and takes time away from the family, something we dont get a lot of is his time b/c of the hours of his job...infact today he has to work !!!! its SUNDAY for christ sake!!!! So why must he ignore us like this all the time!?

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• i think everone has something that they feel they must do thats aggervates their spouse but we have 2 learn 2 deal with it im sure u do something that drives him nuts but thats just being married. i dont think hes doing it 2 ignore yall just one of those things.
    Hbabygirl476

Answer by Hbabygirl476 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Well look on the positive, at least he isn't asking/expecting you to iron it ;-)
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 12:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Ask him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I have, and he gets defensive about it and shuts down even more.
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My ex-bf was in the army and they too had those uniforms, but I guess they lerned how to iron them properly when going to basic or something. Therefore, it was more a relaxation thing and then he knew that they looked great. He kept telling me how relaxing ironing was .... yeahhhhhhh
    Anonymous

• ok, ironing is NOT relaxing. LOL
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• How is ironing taking time away from your family? Have you offered to do it for him? I know my husband is very meticulous about his uniforms. I take care of them for him, but I'm just as meticulous.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yeah i know, he asked me to shine his boots once (back in the BDU days) i had NEVER done it before ever, i am not in the military and have no experiance shineing boots, he got REALLY mad at me for doing it "wrong." Ok then why did you ask, you know i dont know how!!!
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• hobbitswife04

It takes time away from us because he seriously will iron for lie 45 min to an hour at a time, JUST ACUS, come on!!! Thats forever, and he works A LOT...he goes to work at 7 and usually gets home between 7 and 9 pm, some times later...m-f the kids ONLY see him for 1 1/2 hours before bed. and not working weekends is not a guaruntee, like i said, he has to go into work today at 4 and wont be back until prob 7 or 8 (kids are in bed by 8). He is on recruiting duty (unvoluntarily) so you would think they wouldnt have to work weekends, or work so late. we NEVER see him pretty much. This duty is worse than any infantry job hes had before this. I feel most like a single mom on this duty than any of the others he's been on.
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• A lot of soldiers iron their ACU's. My husband doesnt LOL hes too damn lazy! I dont see anything wrong with it. Maybe he just likes to look his best!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010