How can I bring my supply back?

I breastfed my infant son until he was 5 and a half months old . Then he was placed in foster care and I continued to pump. When he was 8 months old I was told by my caseworker that I had not been breastfeeding for a month. However, I was pumping and bringing it to the foster mother daily. I would like to continue to nurse but I can't even pump an ounce. What can I do? I have no money and no medical.

mamawith4

Asked by mamawith4 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are breastfeeding support and advice groups on CafeMOM check them out. You can bring your supply back, Nurse as often as possible and continue to pump. Are you on WIC?? If not look into getting on WIC they have breastfeeding peer counselors and nurses that can help you plus they can help with formula, etc.. Hang in their sweety and don't give up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Make sure you are getting enough water and whole wheats and oatmeal have been thought to help boost supply. Keep pumping more frequently until you can feel your supply build up again.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:19 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• People are such cowards!! If you have something nasty to say be a real woman and don't post anonymously. There is no room for people like that in this forum. I strongly dislike people like that. No one has any idea what her situation is, and should not be judging her.
    Absolutely go to breastfeeding moms and exclusivly pumping mommies. There is a ton of advice there. Repost your question there. Breastfeeding is the most effective way of increasing your supply. If you cannot do that, pump every 2 hours as much as possible (around the clock if possible) Pump for 15-20 mins even if no milk is expressed. This will tell your body that you need more milk. Good luck!
    hutch2579

Answer by hutch2579 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2008