My DD has been getting sick every weekend for the last three weeks...

During the week at preschool she is completely fine! She never gets sick, but come Saturday night (and it's always Saturday night) she wakes up in the middle of the night throwing up. She doesn't have a fever when she gets sick so it's not the flu and she always seems to be back to her normal self the very next morning. What could possibly be going on?

She did start pre-school and I'm thinking she might have anxiety, because she also has had accidents and she's potty trained. What should I do? What could it possibly be? Should I talk to the teacher and find out of there's something going on that she's not telling me about? I'm really worried. This is the third week in a row.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 12:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• is there something she eats always the day b4 that doesnt agree with her? i dk but i did this 2 , evry week i was sick on a monday i think .. mom didnt no why .. then the 1 time she didnt buy a melon . i wasnt sick
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would talk to the teacher cause maybe something is borthing her and can not really put into words yet what is wrong. I know when kids start school they pick up everything but I agree to early for that. Maybe something she is eating or something in the air at school. I do not know if problems with milk try her on lactade milk. Maybe ask the school what cleaning supplies they use cause that could build up all week long. I hope that helps. Keep me posted. If any questions call your doctor.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Did this happen before she started preschool? Also, any changes in the home at all? Was she healthy all summer? Any changes at all in diet?

Look, my son complained of tummy aches every night last year (we had an awful child in that class that my son couldn't stand) and this year I asked to have him separated. Not a single tummy ache this year! My friend who has four kids told me it was anxiety and so did the doctor. I believe it causes real symptoms.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i agree that she is anxious about something & not able to express it yet. I would talk to her, the teacher, & maybe a dr
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Something is wrong, I would check all the options, Doc's and school!
    ThaSs

Answer by ThaSs at 2:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have been told that with every new daycare or babysitter, there are new germs... When my daughter starts a new daycare, I have just started to expect her to get sick for like the first month and a half... She will have like a overnight thing but then she is fine for the rest of the week.... I would say don't worry too much about it, but if you are that concerned of course go see a doctor.... My daughter got sick at every new sitter and daycare until she got acclamated.
    blackbudrfly

Answer by blackbudrfly at 7:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2010