Window help... What can I do with this window?

My new apartment is quite dark. On the bottom floor, I have two windows. The one in the living room is fine. The one in the kitchen is one giant awning style window. Of course, the handle is broke and there is no screen.. Landlord knows about it, but has not fixed it. He said he would not put a new screen in it. Anyway, it lets a lot of light in, which is good, but it gets sooooo hot, I have to wind up shutting the curtain. Anyone have any ideas on how to cut down on the heat, but still let in the sun light??

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 12:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You can go to home depot or lowes and get this film that you use a blow dryer to adhere to the window. It will help keep the heat out a little.
    What it comes down to is the windows you have are cheap single or double-paned, builders grade windows. If you get thermal-lined curtains, it will keep the heat out, but it will also block all of the light.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010