How do I get my 4 1/2 month old baby to sleep longer during his naps?

My baby falls asleep fine when it comes to nap time, but staying asleep is another story. I lay him down every 2-2 1/2 hrs and he will only sleep for about 10-15 minutes. I've tried the fan in his room and a little blankie that he only has for nap time. I feel like I am constantly putting him down for naps and not able to tend to my 5 year old. He needs to sleep longer, but I don't know what to do. He wakes up so cranky and won't go back to bed with any kind of coaxing. Will he grow out of this, or am I never going to get any time to regroup during the day?? My daughter always slept great during the day so this is new to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Krystal

kgilsrud

Asked by kgilsrud at 2:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well i had the same problem, because i have twins, they never slept like they say new borns usually sleep, My boys started take longer naps like about 6-7 months, and like you i felt like i would never have a break, but im sure your baby's sleep should get better soon, for me the bouncer helped a lot. good luck, if you want to conversate some more just send a message.
    lovelytwinmomma

Answer by lovelytwinmomma at 5:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2008