Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I need help with getting my husband now to help disapline my children with me...

I am divorced. I got remarried and my ex husband put a protective order on my husband fiance at the time. It has now been taking off and Im still having a hard time getting him to help me disapline the children. My ex husbands wife disaplines my shildren so how can I make my husband feel okay about helping me? It is really hard being the only one doing all the disaplining and I feel like giving up.

Answer Question

Asked by susiebabz09 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 4 (41 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • When you talk to small. Just ask that he back you up in front of the kids....that should ease him into it. He's probably gun-shy with the TRO and all. Have patience with him - he'll get there.

    Answer by Babylove76 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • Both your ex-husband and your current husband should know that when your current husband married you, he was taking on the responsibility of a husband AND father. Work out how you want your children disciplined in your home. Ask him what he feels comfortable doing. Baby steps will work with this one.

    Answer by _Tam_ at 1:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • He needs to know why you need unity. You need it because it is fair to you, supportive, and great for the children to see the both of you take a stand on their behavior. He would be doing a wonderful thing by backing you up. GL!

    Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • DISCIPLINE has to be discussed and agreed on and consistent and you need to back each other up.

    Answer by kerp1960 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.