What kind of limits do you and your husband have about arguing in front of your children?

babyjred

Asked by babyjred at 1:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• We don't have "limits" but we rarely argue - regardless of our proximity to our children. We both believe it's healthy for children to see their parents argue, it shows that parents aren't prefect, that they can and do disagree but that at the end of the day they still love one another.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• we rarely have big fights, but if we do we dont yell around them, i grew up in a home filled with yelling and violence and i dont want them around it
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 1:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Unlike the other moms who have posted, my husband and I do fight. If I see a big argument coming on I'll just tell him that we need to take it to the bedroom or even outside. We have smaller arguments in front of them though. Then they get to see us make up.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• we try our best to never have outright arguments in front of our son. but it has happened a couple times.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 1:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We try not to
    ShootingStar03

Answer by ShootingStar03 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• no limits..just don't argue much. we don't shout at each other ever. we totally respect each other in front of them and away from them. e do argue sometimes but we keep calm voices and he usually walks outside to go smoke so i win lol!
    luzianagurl

Answer by luzianagurl at 2:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I try to keep our arguments civil if we're in front of DD, but my husband has no limits at all, he'll yell about whatever seems to be pissing him off at the moment and not even think about her being there. Still, I do try to keep things a little more on the calm side for her sake, no one likes to see that at such a young age (or any age for that matter).
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 2:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• we try not to have big fights in front of our son cuz i grew up in a very bad home with hitting and yelling all the time. we do have little arguements over whos gone do the dishes and things but never yell or call names in front of him we try to teach him that everyone has disagreements but u dont have 2 yell just sit down and compramise atleast agree 2 disagree
    Hbabygirl476

Answer by Hbabygirl476 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We haven't discussed that, though we do both agree not to do it if at all possible.
    We tend to argue after they've gone to bed naturally.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I fuss but it always me he sit and says nothing. Which is a good thing then he always mske the steps to see my point of veiw then we talk. The kids know that he is thirthteen years older then me and that he is the adult in every matter and they can talk to him with out him exploding. As for me they think them write me a letter that way I deal with the yelling alone.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010