My baby is two weeks old. It's 53 degrees outside, is it considered safe to take her for a walk if she's covered up well enough?

ChristyDavis

Asked by ChristyDavis at 1:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• YES!! :) Just make sure shes plenty warm. Its good for her to see new things and to be outside :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Of course!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Of course.  Bundled up she'll probably be warmer than you think.  I've had to take my kids out in sub-zero temps as babies.  I ended up making them TOO warm.  when we got back they were covered in sweat and not happy.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would not until 6 weeks old. After the baby has all the shots. Doctors also say not until 6 weeks.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yes, enjoy :)
    luzianagurl

Answer by luzianagurl at 1:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes. It's important to expose infants to all different environments and social situations. The more they're exposed to the better their immune system can grow in strength. Now, don't intentionally get her sick, but still expose her to as much as possible early on. HAVE FUN!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes, my middle son was born in the coldest Oct we'd had in 100 years. I had him out a high school football game when he was 1
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• 10 days old (I hit the wrong button). He was fine. Just make sure she is bundled up warmly (but not too warm!). There is no reason to stay quarantined for weeks when baby is first born. Obviously take normal precautions, but you don't need to keep baby in a plastic bubble.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I wouldnt because its not just airborn colds and flus, but allergies. At her age if she gets sick they wont be able to give her any meds to help her. So it'd be really hard on her and in the end you both would suffer!
    adyssonsmommy

Answer by adyssonsmommy at 3:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010