What are some odd or shocking things you have learned?

I found out the other day from my doc that a fetus can have a heart beat...but no brain and be alive in the womb. (cannot survive out) but I was shocked to hear that!!

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 10:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Biggest surprise I ever learned was the reason ammonium nitrate began being used as a fertilizer is because after World War II there was such a large supply of it left over after making explosives. Now it's on the food we eat.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Ever since I joined CafeMom...

I learned how selfish and mean some women really are! It's quite shocking.

But really, for every selfish cruel bitch on here, there's at least two really nice kind funny women :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• The whole squirting thing surprised the hell outta me!!!

When I was 14 I learned what a blowjob was. I was shocked and appalled. Funny thing though, it's one of my favorite things do to now. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 10:25 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I'm going with caitrawks. I feel like I need to put on a kevlar vest and shin guards when I post a journal for other's enjoyment and enlightenment and get bizarro comments. It makes me wonder why?.... but oh well, like she said there are some great ladies on here too with the utmost of class and great hearts. ♥
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:31 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• The other night I learned (right here on Cafemom) that they make a men's cologne that smells like a woman's...stuff. I'm not kidding, the website that sells it is called smellmeand.com I thought I'd seen it all!!! ewwwwww.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• China sold hair bands that were made of used condoms! google it! super gross!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008