Treating a 20 month old's fever

So my poor little boo-boo grabbed a fever from out of nowhere. She's never had one before so I've never really had to deal with it. I remember that Tylenol Infant Drops are recommeded for fevers, and we do have some, but because she's under 24 months (20) the dosage isn't listed. I have been given the dosage information before, but I don't remember it and the dr.s office is closed. Does anyone know what it is?

Also, because I've never had to treat it before, I don't really know the procedure. Do I keep her warm? Do I keep her cool? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, mommas!

MomToovey

Asked by MomToovey at 1:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Health

• Do what is recommended by her weight. If she wants to eat let her eat. If shes cold warm her up if hes hot cool her down. She will let you know. She is old enough to tell you how she is feeling. :) If not by talking by the way she acts. If he temp gets too high. go to the ER. If you dont like the hostpital you could always give her an ice bath. Just keep an eye on it. Im sure she will be fine and you will too. :) Also you can use infant ibuprofen as well, most people say to alternate but you dont have to. They are two different drugs and can be used together. Good Luck!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• don't go after age...go after weight with the dose....also i always used suppository for my boy when he was little....there are some appropriate ones for babies and you know she will get it in her system and not spit it out. give her lots of liquid and let her rest a lot. also if you she leaves those on. put her in some knee high socks which you soaked in cold water and wring out the excess water...change the sock when they are no longer cold to the touch...that helps wonders with my kiddo still and he is going on 8 years now. ...also a cold cloth on her forehead helps.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If you are unsure of the dosage you can always call your pharmacy. If she can take it, alternate between tylenol and motrin.

Im sure if she gets cold she will let you know, same as with being too hot. You can also do a lukewarm bath, NOT a cold bath.

Like one of the other moms said, go by weight, not age for the meds.

Hope she gets to feeling better.
    muslimahpj

Answer by muslimahpj at 12:50 AM on Oct. 18, 2010