Intelligender

I'm trying to find out if the Intelligender is just based on Ph levels or if it's based on male hormones being released. You are supposed to wait til you're 10 weeks pregnant. Well, that's when the male fetus starts urinating and the testosterone is already there. What do you think? I say it's just for fun anyway but I'm curious. Think about it. Ph tests have blue/green for one level and yellow/orange for another. Both those colors go for the "gender" of your baby. Is it really just the Ph level in your urine???

bbycrazy

Asked by bbycrazy at 1:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't go by those gender test because half the time they are wrong. Here is a bump for you though.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I do not have any scientific sources for this, but when I was pregnant in '07 I was on a forum about the Intelligender tests, as well as other urine tests and one mail-off blood test (really). We compiled our test results as well the gender u/s determined (we did not have any babies whose gender at birth differed from the u/s gender :)). Our findings led us to believe the Intelligender test is pH-based. The results had slightly above a 50% accuracy rate, with boy results slightly more likely to be accurate than girl results. We also used pH strips (though not on the same day as Intelligender; most of us did not find the forum until after we'd taken Intelligender, much less gotten into it enough to dip fish tank pH strips in cups of pee) and got a similar spread of "boy" or "girl" responses. We emailed Intelligender about our concerns, and I must say their customer service is very polite and professional...(cont)
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 1:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• (cont)...but they did not provide us with any sort of answer besides that there must have been an error in our testing methods or result interpretation because they had a 96% accuracy rate. They did send out another test for some women who had questionable results. Basically Intelligender seems to be a fun novelty item, but simply not accurate.

BTW, the blood test...it was about $100 so not many women had tried it, but NONE of the ones who did got an answer. They were all told that their results were "inconclusive" (and it did say in the fine print that sometimes results were inconclusive and this could mean either boy/girl twins or an error or contamination).
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 1:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i did intelligender at 12weeks it said girl, im now 36w with a 3time u.s confirmed girl:)
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 9:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I wanted to try that test for the sheer fun of it but on the box it says not recommended for women with PCOS...so I didn't waste my money.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 10:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2010