Has anyone read that ridiculous article.... adult content

Yesterday as I was browsing different parenting/pregnancy sites and forums someone had posted a link to an article that was basically calling breast feeding moms "pedophiles" because some supposedly admitted to getting aroused and even having orgasms anyone else seen that article i think its crazy... now idk if they were meaning babies newborn to age 2 or what but in my opinion they have no business calling a breast feeding mom a pedophile by any means but in my opinion it does make me cringe a bit when i see someone breast feed a 3 or 4 year old anyway whats your take on the whole thing?

405mom

Asked by 405mom at 1:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think a year is good. Great. Any longer than that means the Mom is doing it to look like supermom ...its all about her. But...pedophile? That isjust insane.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It should end as soon as the child can feed themselves. Breastmilk can be expressed and put in a cup.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It seems like most people are so against BF now-a-days and I dont understand why. When I was in the ER about a month ago I was BF my newborn and I was covered but yet everyone gave me dirty looks including the nurses. Like I was doing something wrong!! There is nothing wrong with BF, if there was we wonldnt produce any milk. I dont think there is anything wrong with formula eithee. To be called a pedophile for feeding your child is ludicrous. I do cringe when the kids are walking and talking and say "mommy I'm hungry" and go under the shirt. So, maybe I'm a hypocrite.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• What a psycho. Breast feeding is always best. I nursed my daughter for a year - she was done. My son will be a year in 2 days and he's still nursing away with no intention of being done yet. I am very discreet if I have to nurse in public, but do try to avoid that situation; however, the people I am around are nursing mothers also, so we're all kindof used to it. But we are all discreet. If by chance, he is still nursing at an older age, I will pump and he can drink out of a cup. A pedophile - for God's sake, what nonsense!
    authorannie

Answer by authorannie at 1:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Butterfly that is YOUR opinion and a bit silly in MY opinion,. Iam currently nursing my 18 month old as well as my 2 year old who will be 3 in january. I've never been sexually aroused while nursing my children, but it is a nice feeling knowing you are doing what is best and not giving your child a less than satisfactory food source. Yes, my children both talk and both ask to nurse, and I'm okay with that. We do it in Public or wherever else we need to, and again, I'm okay with that. Breastfeeding should end when baby and mom agree it should end.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 1:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If a woman IS getting aroused and having orgasms from her breastfeeding child,and she continues to breastfeed,that does sound a little twisted IMO

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It's crazy how the world today is its like really whats next are you gonna call parents who let children get in bed with us over a nightmare or storm a molester? They're trying to take away all of our freedoms and rights little by little such a shame.
    405mom

Comment by 405mom (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?s=d9c106b34cdcee7abb03bd76a6bae20f&t=8036 IS this the article you are talking about? If so this is sooooo disturbing that people think this way. Lord, please help them... :(

-crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 2:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No it was another one if i find that post on the other site i will link it
    405mom

Comment by 405mom (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• after age 1 I think it gets to pedophile levels,,, yes! And age 3 and 4 should be investigated and the children should be taken until therapy is pursued....PS dont ask me if you dont want my opinion!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010