Your 2nd child

was it a better experience then the first time of having one or worse? Mine was more brutal but faster.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my 2nd pregnancy the baby never moved so it was not as "fun" as the first because that one was very active. The delivery wasn't as good because I was on this drug that clouded my head and took me to long to push the baby out because i couldn't focus. Natural is better for me so I can focus and get the baby out faster
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• well the pregnancy was better but the labor was worst
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 1:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My second was my easiest delivery. Very little pain and I was up and walking within an hour.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Opposite since I got to experience labor with my first one and had to have a c-section with my second one since he was breech and wouldn't turn.
    momof3blondies

Answer by momof3blondies at 1:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Oh and for the pregnancies. The first and third were very easy. My second pregnancy was HORRIBLE. I had constant pain and real discomfort.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My second pregnancy was tougher but still not too bad, my second labor was really easy (no pushing, she just plopped out) but my first was easy too. As far as after they were born my second is a very difficult baby.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Do you mean the labor? My 2nd was the best. I managed it all at home and when I felt the same way I did at about 5 cm with the first I went to the hospital and was shocked to discover I was actually 9, almost 10 cm. I was terrified because I wasn't expecting a natural birth and I was really afraid of pushing her out, but my body pretty much did that for me and she came out in 3 pushes, compared to an hour and half of pushing with the first, and 45 minutes of pushing with my giant 9 lb third baby.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• As far as pregnancy, all of my pregnancies were easy. my 2nd and 3rd pregnancy were identical. As far as how she was as a baby my 2nd was my easiest baby. She nursed immediately, she slept 4 hours at night from day 1 and was sleeping 8 hours through the night by 6 weeks old. She was a very happy very easy baby. I remember walking my first baby around the house trying to get him to stop crying and walking him around in the middle of the night. We never had to do any of that with her.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• With my second child the morning sickness/nausea was sometimes very brutal, but generally better then the first. The pregnancy was worse, because she was heavier then my first. The labor was quicker though, but my son got stuck and that's why he took longer. My labor with my daughter only took five hours, compared to 12 with my son. Raising them has been different too. My son is super laid back, easy going, and fair tempered like his dad. My daughter is quick tempered, demanding, impatient, and a lot more vebral like me. Ha!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Okay, first of all, the age difference between my oldest and my second child is 18 years apart. And nowadays when your delivery turns out to be a c-section, all your pregnancies thereafter will be delivered the same - c-section! What gets to me is that the mother-to-be gets to set the birth date for her pregnancies thereafter!! I mean, of course, she has to be in her ninth month! Ha-ha-ha! Anyways, I went trip when I was pregnant to my 2nd child and my OB-GYN asked me when would I like to give birth to "him"! I was trippin' when my doctor asked me that!! Then me, when my doctor asked me that, and because it was like a month before my birthday, of course you should know what my answer was...OF COURSE, I said to my doctor: On August 12 (my birthday)!! But, unfortunately, I couldn't hold on til then...and so! And, SO...to answer your question: if it was a better experience than the first? Honestly, it was the same - HORRORS!!
    lokelani1269

Answer by lokelani1269 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2010