My daughters Rat Terrior!!!!AAAAWWWW!!!!!

We got this dog from my father in law three days ago and he was fine we stuck him in the basement so he would have plenty of room to run around at night but he is mad at us so this morning my 4 year old daughter came in my room and told me Spike had pooped all over ther basement no hard but liquid how do I get that to stop before it gets any worse?

Beccah2

Asked by Beccah2 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pets

• sounds like he's got diarheah. not something they can control usually. Not fair to assume a sick dog is trying to punish you. I would take him to the vet if the next poop isn't normal.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I dont know but we had a rat terrier for a short time this year and she was a DISASTER..... would not potty train was hyper as hell and about chewed my baby's leg off!!! She was not a good kids dog we didnt like her at all, thank god someone stole her from our yard!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I'd say the diarrhea is from stress, a new environment plus being stuck in the basement all night. I know you meant to give him room to run, but he might be feeling anxious and lonely. This happened to my cat who is used to being able to come and go as he pleased and spend most of his time outdoors. We had to bring him inside and put him in a garage for a few weeks last year until we moved and the poor thing wasn't right until we let him out again.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 11:07 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• The diarrhea can also be from changing his food if you just got him and offer him something he isn't used to. Be sure you take him to the vet anyways so he can get a healthy check-up.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Hope you didn't change his food. They can get the runs from that. But probaply because he was in the basement . Change of home life, and new surroundings. Give him some peptobismol about 2 cc to quite down his tummy and feed him some white or brown rice and chicken. That will help till he gets more settled. And please take him upstairs and take him for walks and some exercise. They are very hyper, energetic dogs and are on the move all the time. They love to play and be busy. Hope you have kids...lol Good luck
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 4:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Hamburger and White Rice, helps!

He didnt eat nothing down in the basement right?????

Change in the food would cause it, but i dont think if he has it constantly it has somthing to do with it,
    it must be viral,

take him the the bet!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• HAH

TYPO
    **VET**
    LexsiesMommy

• P'SS
    ...cook the rice and hamburger together k?

my vet told me that awhile ago
    LexsiesMommy